National Service Scheme (NSS)
The main aim of National Service Scheme is personality development through social service or community service. This programme is to inculcate the social without any prejudice. NSS volunteers work hard day and night to ensure that every one in our society welfare thoughts volunteers work hard day and night to ensure that every one in our society who is needy gets the every possible help from them so that they can also enhance their volunteers themselves learn a lot from the people in village like how to struggle and how to lead a happy life in the extreme scarcity of resources and so on. Another aim is personality development through social service.
Motto: NOT ME BUT YOU
The motto of the National Service Scheme (N.S.S) is “Not Me, But You”, This expresses the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for selfless services and appreciation of another man’s point of view and also show consideration for fellow human beings. It underlines the welfare of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of the society as a whole.
- To work with/ among people.
- Identify needs, problems and resources of the community.
- Relate his learning and experience towards finding solutions of the problems identifies.
- Record the activities in his work diary systematically and assess the progress periodically and effect changes as and when needed.
- To establish rapport with the people in the project area.
- To engage in creative and constructive social action.
- To enhance his/her knowledge of himself/herself and the community.
- To gain skill in the exercise of democratic leadership
- To bridge the gulf between the educated and the uneducated masses.
Dr.R.Kesavasamy, Associate Professor in Physics
NSS Programme officers
1) Mr. K.Sathiyalingam, Assistant Professor in Aeronautical Engineering (Unit –I)
2) Mr.B.Mariappan, Assistant Professor in English (Unit – II)
NSS University Awards
1. Best NSS Unit Award for the Year 2012 – 2013
2. Best NSS Programme Officer Award – Mr.R.Kanagaraj, Assistant Professor / Department of Software Engineering( PG) for the Year 2012 – 2013
Best NSS Volunteer Award - Mr.Divakarraj, final year B.Tech, Information Technology for the Year 2013 – 2014
Mr.M.Vignesh final year B.E Computer Science Engineering. for the Year 2014 – 2015
NSS Report for the Academic year 2013-14
|Date||Name of the event/program/Activities||No of Participants|
|15.07.13||Former Chief Minister Thiru Kamaraj’s Birthday programme at Vattamallaipalayam Government middle school and
|6.08.13||NSS Orientation Programme||400|
|15.08.13||Independence Day competitions||60|
|18.09.2013 & 19.09.2013||NSS Dental Camp and Health camp||1300|
|18.08.13||Mini marathon by NSS students on behalf of Swami Vivekananda’s 150th birth Anniversary||70|
|24.09.13||Dengue Awareness and Water Quality Control Programme at Vellakinaru Primary Health Center and the nearby villages||70|
|18-11-2013||Dengue awareness rally at Idikarai village,||80|
|28.2.2014||Donated Rs.2,500 for Indian Blind Association at Madurai|
|Attended a SPECIAL WORKSHOP ON LEADERSHIP TRAINNING AND SOFT SKILLS PROGRAMM at PA College of Engineering and Technology, Pollachi||4|
|Conducted first aid training programme at SREC MBA seminar hall||97|
|28.03.14||Attended one day motivational workshop at psg institute of management, Coimbatore||1|
SPECIAL CAMP AT KATHIRNAYAKENPALAYAM & THOPPAMPATTI - (26.12.2013 TO 01.01.2014)
|Date||Name of the event/program/Activities||Chief Guest||
No of Participants
|26.12.13 to 1.1.2014||NSS special camp-Eye camp, The importance of computer in schools, Dental camp, Health camp, Social awareness rally, tree planting, Cleaning water tanks in village, Yoga programme, Child labour awareness programme and cultural activities like
Dancing, Music competition, Rangoli, games-Kathirnayakenpalayam & Thoppampatti villages.
|Mr.D.Ravi, Kurudampalayam panchayat president
Dr.Vidya Devi, Aravind eye Hospital
Dr.M.Madan Kumar & Dr.S.Praveen Kumar,Sri Ramakrishna Dental Hospital, Dr.Arun Kumar, Sri Ramakrishna Health, Coimbatore, Dr.Vijaya Kumar-Child Labour Dept-Collectorate.
|28.2.2014||Donated Rs.2,500 for Indian Blind Association at Madurai||SREC-NSS|
|Attended a SPECIAL WORKSHOP ON LEADERSHIP TRAINNING AND SOFT SKILLS PROGRAMM.at PA College of Engineering and Technology,Pollachi||Anna University,
|Conducted first aid training programme at SREC MBA seminar hall||Prof.Thangappan,
|28.03.14||Attended one day motivational workshop at psg institute of management,Coimbatore||Anna University,