Embedded System Technologies (PG) - Vision and Mission
To excel in education and research in the field of embedded systems, to train students to meet the needs of global industry and to develop them into skilful engineers imbued with human values.
- To offer a conducive teaching-learning process that equips the students with adequate knowledge in embedded Engineering and allied disciplines for a successful career.
- To prepare engineers to take up innovative research leading to multidisciplinary projects that provides solutions to the industry and society.
- To foster and instill attitudes, values and vision to the students that will prepare them for lifetimes of continued learning and leadership in their chosen careers.
PEOs of the Programme
In-depth knowledge and expertise in various domains of embedded engineering, which are required for a successful career in industry/ academia and research.
Problem solving ability to undertake significant research or development projects so as to address social, technical and industrial challenges.
Professional skills, independent and lifelong learning, the ability to function well on a team, an appreciation for ethical behavior for professional and personal growth.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
At the end of the program, the students will possess
An ability to apply knowledge of advanced mathematics, computing and undergraduate engineering fundamentals to identify, formulate and solve embedded and real life problems that require advanced knowledge within the field.
- An ability to identify and analyze complex problems for conducting scientific and research experiments in a wider theoretical and practical approach.
- An ability to implement and evaluate systems to meet design specific criteria in Embedded and Real time engineering, with appropriate considerations for economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety considerations.
- An ability to perform investigations, design, execution and evaluation of experiments on embedded platforms and allied disciplines.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern tools which are essential for practice in Embedded Systems Technologies.
- An ability to function effectively on collaborative and multi-disciplinary teams which may involve people from diverse background to accomplish a common goal.
- An understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member, and leader in a team to manage the projects with due consideration, in time and finance.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills in oral, written and electronic media.
- Demonstrate a lifelong learning independently through additional qualifications, for a successful career in Embedded Systems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical values for consideration in decision making.
- An understanding of contemporary technical and professional issues through self and reflective learning in practice of Embedded Systems Technologies and make corrective measures.