Computer Science and Engineering (PG) - Vision and Mission
The Department of Computer Science Engineering (PG) will aim at
- Providing high quality education and promoting research and development in the frontier areas of Computer Science Engineering.
The Department of Computer Science Engineering (PG) is committed to
- Develop Successful Professionals in Computer Science Engineering by preparing graduates with the knowledge, ability and skill to become innovators and leaders who are able to contribute to the aspirations of the country.
- Benefit humanity through research, creativity, problem solving and application development.
- Share knowledge and expertise to benefit the country while inspiring people to engage in computing fields.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The graduates shall demonstrate the following after few years of graduation
- The graduates of the program will be prepared to become a successful professional in their career in industry, government or academia; and continue to develop their research knowledge.
- The graduates of the program will have skills to function as members of multi-disciplinary teams and to communicate effectively using modern tools.
- The graduates of the program will be prepared to engage themselves in life-long learning to adapt with the continuously evolving technology.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
The graduates shall demonstrate the following immediately after their graduation
- An Ability to apply fundamental principles of computing and mathematics as appropriate to industrial and research domains.
- An Ability to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles and computer science theory in the modeling and design of computer based systems.
- An Ability to demonstrate skills to use modern software tools for the existing design procedures.
- An Ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An Ability to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- An Ability to understand the contemporary issues and to function effectively on multi disciplinary teams.
- An Ability to understand broad research areas and their issues of Computer Science Engineering.
- An Ability to apply the knowledge acquired in research with internationally accepted quality standard.
- An Ability to design and conduct experiments and to analyze and interpret data.
- An Ability to engage in life-long learning and continuing professional development.
- An Ability to become good entrepreneurs and manage business successfully so that they can contribute to the economic growth of nation.