Control and Instrumentation Engineering (PG) - Vision and Mission
· The department facilitates the students to build successful careers and excel in their professions with social concern and ethical standards through excellence in teaching and research.
· To provide quality engineering education in Electronics and Instrumentation to prepare students for flourishing professional career and higher studies
· To prepare emerging Instrumentation engineers to possess good communication skills with the ability to work in multi disciplinary groups, lead teams and understand their professional and ethical responsibilities for serving the needs of the society.
· To promote and facilitate the students to engage in research endeavours through lifelong learning.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
The Graduates of the programme will,
PEO I : Engage in design of systems, tools and applications in the field of electronics and instrumentation engineering and allied engineering industries.
PEO II: Apply the knowledge of electronics and instrumentation engineering to solve problems of social relevance, and/or pursue higher education and research.
PEO IV: Involve in lifelong learning, career enhancement and adapt to changing professional and societal needs.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, the cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
10.Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
PSO I: Specify, design and implement electronics systems that perform analog and digital signal processing functions.
PSO II: Understand, specify and verify the principles of measuring instruments using the state of art equipment.
PSO III: Analyze and design process control and industrial automation using modern tools.