Civil Engineering - Vision and Mission
The Civil Engineering department will attain global recognition as a Commendable center for quality Engineering Education and Research; to equip the graduates to meet the sustainable development of Construction Industry for the betterment of the society.
- To provide quality education that will enable the graduates to successfully execute traditional and modern Civil Engineering Projects.
- To enable successful Professional Engineers or Researchers to meet the challenges of Construction Industry.
- To foster a spirit of services for the betterment of Civil Engineering profession & the Environment.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Graduates of the Programme will
- Succeed in their Professional careers and/or pursue higher studies and research in diverse fields of Civil Engineering
- Exhibit ethical attitude, effective communication skills as individuals and/or in multidisciplinary teams and adapt to the latest trends by pursuing lifelong learning
- Implement solutions with safe and economical consideration for societal problems using professional knowledge
The Civil Engineering students can demonstrate the following at the time of graduation
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering fundamentals in sub disciplines of Civil Engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct laboratory / field tests, analyze and interpret the experimental results.
- An ability to design a component or process in Civil Engineering Projects to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety and sustainability
- An ability to function in multidisciplinary teams to plan, lead, interact, comprehend and prepare documents appropriate for design and construction.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- An ability to possess the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- An ability to recognize the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- An ability to demonstrate knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, modern engineering tools, materials and basic concepts of business, public policy and management necessary for engineering practice.