Manufacturing Engineering (PG) - Vision and Mission
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering excels in Engineering Education and building enterprising professionals commendable with creativity, research and employability, meeting the requirements of potential recruiters.
- The Mission is to provide quality engineering education that equips the students with adequate knowledge in mechanical engineering to become successful professionals for serving the needs of the society.
- The department strives to prepare the students to adorn themselves with effective communication, intellectual abilities, teamwork and professional ethics for valuable contribution in their career.
- The department aims to motivate the students to orient themselves towards research and life-long learning to act upon the changing needs of the stakeholders.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- The graduates will demonstrate the following, after few years of their graduation:
- The graduates apply the knowledge of mathematics, physical science, engineering and technology to arrive at innovative solutions while modeling, measuring, analyzing and designing mechanical, thermal as well as allied systems and their manufacturing.
- The graduates demonstrate the professional skills with confidence to seek rational solutions to the tasks with due consideration on social, environmental, economical, and ethical values.
- The graduates communicate effectively and engage in life-long learning for personal and professional growth.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- The graduates demonstrate the following, immediately after their graduation
- An ability to apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science, and Engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of computer systems.
- An ability to design a mechanical, thermal or allied system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, geographical, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility and act upon them.
- An ability to communicate effectively in oral, written, visual and other forms.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues and its appropriate usage.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- An ability to manage projects with due consideration on finance