Fine Arts Club
- The Fine Arts Club provides students a platform of self-expression and opportunities to develop their talents in the various art forms like skit, dance, music, etc. The FAC club conducted an event Talent Hunt – for I year B.E/B.Tech students. The club also organized II Batch Alumni Reunion (1995-1999) and around 250 members participated in the event.
Drawing and Painting Club / Phorartz Club
- The Inaugural Function of Phorartz (painting and photography) club of Sri Ramakrishna Engineering College was conducted. The Chief Guest, Mr.L.LOGANATHAN, Photography Teacher and Wild life Photographer delivered a lecture on the rules to be followed while taking photographs.
- The Phorartz club conducted events in the valedictory function. Events such as painting, pencil sketching, photography, short film and short film review were conducted. More than 150 students participated in this competition. Dr.M.SENTHAMILSELVI, Head of the Department, Information Technology distributed the prizes to the winners in the function held in the evening.
English Literary Society
Philatelic Club conducted a Philatelic and Numismatics exhibition and It creates awareness among students in collecting coins, currencies, stamps. Coins plated with silver, gold and platinum were kept for display. Currencies belonging to several countries were projected. 61 students from various schools and colleges including our institution participated in the event.
Red Ribbon Club
Red Ribbon Club (RRC) conducts the regular activities to encourage Voluntary Blood Donation and increase Awareness on AIDS and its related issues, RRC organized a Blood Donation Camp and The Chief Guest for the program was Sri.R.Vijaykumhar, Managing Trustee of SNR Sons Charitable Trust. Atmost 58 participants involved in the camp to donate blood.
Quiz Club (Q’zenith)
Quiz club motivate the students to bring out their Intelligent Quotient and provides multi-dimensional and balanced learning in all areas of knowledge. The club conducted an Inter and Intra College Event ERGO with 240 participants and Dr.N.R.Alamelu, Principal, SREC presided over the function. The Intra College quiz event RENAISSANCE was organized by our Alumni and atmost 120 members actively participated in the competition. ENIGMA’14 - an Intra College event was exclusively carried out for I year B.E/B.Tech Programme and the program was chaired by Dr.Vathana Fenn, Professor / English. 178 students took part in the event. An Inter School Quiz Event PHENOM was presided over by Dr.N.R.Alamelu, Principal, SREC and organized with 268 school students
Aero Modeling Club
Aero Modeling Club provides various lectures and talks on various aero modelling and aviation topics and simulator flying. The club also supports the freshers in making their first model airplanes. AMC conducted a Workshop on “Water Rocketry” which is hosted by final year and pre final year students of 55 participants. The club has organized a workshop on “Rubber powered Ornithopter” with 46 participants
Young Indian Students Net
SEDS INDIA Student's Chapter
SEDS (Students for the Development and Exploration of Space) India aims to generate interest and help students in pursuing space oriented careers. The Chief Guest for the Inaugural Function was Mr.Sai Ganesh, Fire Officer, AAI and he presented a Lecture on “Fire Safety in Aerospace Industries” conducted with 180 participants. A Guest Lecture on “Recent Trends in Aerospace” was delivered by Mr. P.Padmanabhan, Scientist/Engineer ISRO, Mahendragiri , 180 students attended the lecture. A t Lecture on “Powering the future Flight Oppurtunities and Challenges” was delivered by Mr. D.Uma Maheshwar, Executive Chief Consulting Engineer, GE Aviation- India, Bangalore and 300 students attended the program
FOSS (Free Open Source Software) Club
Renewable Energy Club
- The Renewable Energy Club has conducted the Intercollegiate Event on 11th and 12th The Tamil Nadu Transmission and Distribution Company, North Coimbatore Distribution Circle has organised a guest lecture on “ENERGY CONSERVATION” at AC Seminar Hall, Library Block of Sri Ramakrishna Engineering College, Vattamalaipalayam, Coimbatore, on the eve of the “NATIONAL ENERGY CONSERVATION WEEK”.The guest lecture was facilitated by the RENEWABLE ENERGY CLUB (REC), IEEE and the EEE Association of the college. The program was headed by Er. G. N. Sudhakar, Superidententing Engineer, North Coimbatore Distribution Circle in the presence of Dr. N. R. Alamelu, Principal, Sri Ramakrishna Engineering College
- About 300 students and staff members from the Department of EEE attended the guest lecture. They were welcomed by Er. M. A. Nagarajkumar, Executive Engineer, Vadamadhurai. A Power Point Presentation on Energy Conservation was presented by Er. S. Jawahar, Executive Engineer, North Coimbatore Distribution Circle. The vote-of thanks was delivered by Er. S. Muthukumar, Asst. Executive Engineer, Saravanampatti.
Youth Red Cross Club
Youth Red Cross Club (YRC) aims at imparting a sense of discipline and formation of character to the students. YRC conducted an Inter-state (National level) YRC training cum study camp at Bharathiar University . Around 5 members participate in the training program. YRC also organized the Blood donation program at Sri Narayana peedam in association with Sri Ramakrishna Hospital and 50 student members took part in the event.
Entrepreneurship Development Centre (EDC) Activities
To nurture the entrepreneurial skills of the students, the Department of Management Studies organizes E-Week Celebrations’ every year in association with National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN) with theme “Creating Jobs for Millions” in our campus. A series of activity were conducted for the benefit of the students interested in Entrepreneurship. Around 70 students were participated in the event